Alicia Cossota, Estes Park Western Heritage, 817-800-7230817-800-7230
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Estes Park Western Heritage Inc. (EPWH) and the Town of Estes Park's Rooftop Rodeo has teamed up with the national organization, Tough Enough To Wear PinkTM, to present "Pink Night" at the Rooftop Rodeo on Wednesday, July 9, 2014. The color pink is not something you would associate with the tough sport of rodeo however breast cancer has touched the lives of many rodeo and western lifestyle families and the Tough Enough to Wear PinkTM partners want to put this important health issue top-of-mind at rodeos throughout the country. Tough Enough To Wear PinkTM is a non-profit organization created by entrepreneur and breast cancer survivor Terry Wheatley, together with Karl Stressman (Commissioner of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association-PRCA) to bring the sport of professional rodeo and the entire western community together to rally against breast cancer.
Facts about Breast Cancer
- One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes, and one woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the U.S.
- Probabilities are, at some stage of your life, someone you love will accept a finding of breast cancer
- Even though the majority of women detected with the ailment are over 50, it can hit women of all ages
- There are about 2.5 million breast cancer survivors alive in the U.S. today
- Breast cancer is the primary reason of death in women between ages 40 and 55
Fund raising events during the "Pink Night" will benefit the Estes Park Medical Center Oncology Department which treats all forms of cancer for residents throughout the Estes Valley . On-line donations can also be made by visiting their website at https://www.epmedcenter.com
The members of Estes Park Western Heritage, Inc. hope that you plan on attending at least one night of the Rooftop Rodeo which runs from July 8 -13 but they especially hope you will join them Wednesday, July 9, 2014 for Pink Night. Wear your "pink" and show your support for this important cause.
For more information, call the Estes Park Fairgrounds and Rodeo Office at 970-586-6104970-586-6104 or visit the Rooftop webpage at www.RooftopRodeo.com