Free Shuttle Buses
The simplest and most stress-free way to steer through Estes Park is via the free shuttle system. The new downtown trolley and shuttle bus routes allow you to park the car, bus or RV at one of the major hubs and be on your way. You no longer need to listen to the GPS ‘recalculate' or to all five back-seat drivers offering advice on where to park! The five town shuttle routes and the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle are easy to navigate and will get you just about anywhere you want to go.
Where to Park
The largest parking area is the Park& Ride stop located at the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park on Manford Avenue, just east of Highway 7 and south of Highway 36. The fairgrounds stop has ample parking and access to the Silver and Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle. Public restrooms also are found at this location. The Silver shuttle stops at the Fairgrounds Park-n-Ride, Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Park Conference Center, Stonebridge Apartments (on Graves Avenue) and Solitude Cabins.
The Estes Park Visitor Center offers guests parking, restrooms and access to all five town shuttles, including the downtown trolley, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle. Located at 500 Big Thompson Avenue, the visitor center also provides free Wi-Fi and visitor information.
With shuttle routes passing nearly every lodging property in the Estes Valley, you likely can hop on very close to your hotel - avoiding driving and parking altogether. View and download the shuttle map(pdf) to locate the route closest to your hotel or cabin. All town shuttles link to the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle as well, so park access is virtually outside your door!
There are five Estes Park town shuttle routes and three Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles, covering all highways and major routes through the Estes Valley. For additional shuttle information call 970-577-9900, a handicapped-accessible bus is available by calling 970-577-7477. Transportation to Trail Ridge Road is provided through local Tour Operators.
Estes Park Shuttles
In 2014, town shuttles will operate daily from June 21 through September 7.
- Blue Route: 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Operates along eastern Highway 34, Wonderview Avenue & Dry Gulch Road.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Stanley Hotel & Stanley Village (groceries, retail & dining), east Hwy 34/Big Thompson Ave. lodging, Dry Gulch Road.
- Brown Route: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Operates along Riverside Drive, Highway 36/Moraine Avenue, Highway 66, Marys Lake Road and Highway 7/St. Vrain Avenue.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitors Center, Barlow Plaza, Riverside Drive, Rocky Mountain National Park Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, YMCA of the Rockies and Marys Lake.
- Red Route: 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Operates along west Highway 34/Fall River Rd./W. Wonderview Ave. and W. Elkhorn Ave.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, lodging along Fall River Road/Hwy. 34, Rocky Mountain National Parki Fall River Visitor Center and West Elkhorn Ave.
- Silver Route: 8:45 a.m. to 9:15 p.m.
- Operates along S. St. Vrain Ave/Hwy 7, Graves Ave. and Manford Ave.
- Stops include: Fairgrounds Park & Ride, Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Park Conference Center and Fish Creek Road lodging
- Gold Route: 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Operates along Elkhorn Ave. and Big Thompson Ave.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center and downtown - Bond Park, Water Wheel, Performance Park, Moraine Ave. and Barlow Plaza
Rocky Mountain National Park Shuttles
The Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles operate from late May through early October and offer hikers and day-trippers easy access to the most frequented areas of the park. Entry fees do apply and park passes are available for purchase at the Estes Park Visitor Center and the Rocky Mountain National Park Visitor Center. Due to construction on Bear Lake Rd., there may be delays for routes within the park. View and download a map of the park shuttles here: NPS.gov/ROMO.
RMNP Shuttle Routes:
- Hiker Shuttle Express Route: Hourly from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; on the half-hour from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shuttle starts at the Estes Park Visitor Center, then proceeds to Rocky Mountain National Park - Beaver Meadow's Visitor Center and Bear Lake Park & Ride parking lot. Hikers will then transfer onto other buses.
- Stops: Estes Park Visitor Center, Rocky Mountain National Park Beaver Meadows Visitor Center and Rocky Mountain National Park Moraine Park Visitor Center
- Operates Daily, June 21 - September 7 and Weekends only, September 13 - October 12, 2014
- Moraine Park Route: Every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Operates between the Bear Lake Park-n-Ride parking lot and the Fern Lake Bus Stop
- Stops: Glacier Basin Campground, Tuxedo Park, Moraine Park Discovery Center, Moraine Park Campground, Cub Lake Trailhead and the Fern Lake Bus Stop (near the Fern Lake Trailhead)
- Operates Weekends, May 24 - June 8. Daily, June 14 - September 7. Weekends, September 13 - October 12, 2014
- Bear Lake Route: Every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Shuttle runs between Bear Lake Park-n-Ride parking lot and Bear Lake
- Stops: Sprague Lake, Hallowell Park, Bear Lake Road Park & Ride, Bierstadt Lake Trailhead, Glacier Gorge Trailhead and Bear Lake
- Operates Weekends, May 24 - June 8. Daily, June 14 - October 12. Weekends, September 13- October 12, 2014