Free Shuttle Buses
The simplest and most stress-free way to steer through Estes Park is via the free shuttle system. The downtown trolley and shuttle bus routes allow you to park the car, bus or RV at one of the major hubs and be on your way. You no longer need to listen to the GPS ‘recalculate' or to all five back-seat drivers offering advice on where to park! The five town shuttle routes and the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle are easy to navigate and will get you just about anywhere you want to go.
Where to Park
The largest parking area is the Park & Ride stop located at the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park at 1209 Manford Avenue, just east of Highway 7 and south of Highway 36. The fairgrounds stop has ample parking and access to the silver route shuttle. Public restrooms also are found at this location. The Silver shuttle stops at the Fairgrounds Park-n-Ride, Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Park Conference Center, Solitude Cabins, the Estes Park Events Center, and the Estes Park Medical Center.
The Estes Park Visitor Center offers guests parking, restrooms and access to all five town shuttles, including the downtown trolley, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle. Located at 500 Big Thompson Avenue, the visitor center also provides free Wi-Fi and visitor information.
With shuttle routes passing nearly every lodging property in the Estes Valley, you likely can hop on very close to your hotel - avoiding driving and parking altogether. View and download the shuttle map in English or Spanish to locate the route closest to your hotel or cabin. All town shuttles link to the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle as well, so park access is virtually outside your door! To learn more about the Estes Park shuttles, click here.
There are five town of Estes Park free shuttle routes and three Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles, covering all highways and major routes through the Estes Valley. For additional shuttle information call 970-577-9900, a handicapped-accessible bus is available by calling 970-586-4920. Transportation to Trail Ridge Road is provided through local Tour Operators.
Estes Park Shuttles
- Blue Route: 9 a.m. to 9:59 p.m.
- Operates along eastern Highway 34, Wonderview Avenue & Dry Gulch Road.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Stanley Village (groceries, retail & dining), east Hwy 34/Big Thompson Ave. lodging and along Dry Gulch Road.
- Brown Route: 8 a.m. to 9:59 p.m.
- Operates along Riverside Drive, Highway 36/Moraine Avenue, Highway 66, Marys Lake Road, Highway 7/St. Vrain Avenue, and Peakview Drive.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitors Center, Barlow Plaza, Riverside Drive, Rocky Mountain National Park Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, National Park Village, YMCA of the Rockies, Marys Lake Campground and Marys Lake Lodge.
- Red Route: 9 a.m. to 9:59 p.m.
Operates along Hwy 34/Wonderview Ave and Fall River Road.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, lodging along Fall River Road/Hwy. 34, Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center and the Stanley Hotel.
- Silver Route: 8:45 a.m. to 9:44 p.m.
- Operates along S. St. Vrain Ave/Hwy 7, Fish Creek Rd., Brodie Ave., Community Dr., Manford Ave., Stanley Ave, and Prospect. Ave.
- Stops include: Fairgrounds Park & Ride, Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Park Conference Center and Fish Creek Road lodging, the Estes Park Events Center and the Estes Park Medical Center.
- Gold Route: 9 a.m. to 9:59 p.m.
- Operates along Elkhorn Ave. and Big Thompson Ave.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center and downtown - Bond Park, Tregent Park, Performance Park, Moraine Ave. and Barlow Plaza
Rocky Mountain National Park Shuttles
The Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles operate from late May through early October and offer hikers and day-trippers easy access to the most frequented areas of the park. Entry fees do apply and park passes are available for purchase at Rocky Mountain National Park Visitor Center and entrance stations. View and download a map of the park shuttles here.
RMNP Shuttle Routes: 2015 Shuttle Info (2016 Shuttle Info Coming Soon!)
Moraine Park Route
- Daily Service May 28 - October 10, 2016
- Runs between Park & Ride and Fern Lake Bus Stop
- Leaves Park & Ride every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Makes stops at Park & Ride, Sprague Lake/Glacier Creek Livery, Hollowell Park, Tuxedo Park, Moraine Park Visitor Center, Moraine Park Campground (C-Loop), Cub Lake Trailhead and Fern Lake Bus Stop
Bear Lake Route
- Daily Service May 28 - October 10, 2016
- Runs between Park & Ride and Bear Lake
- Leaves Park & Ride every 10-15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Makes stops at the Park & Ride, Bierstadt lake Trailhead, Glacier Gorge Trailhead, and Bear Lake
Hiker Shuttle Route: Town of Estes Park & Rocky Mountain National Park
- Daily Service June 25 - September 11, then weekends September 17-18, September 24-25, October 1-2, October 8-9-10, 2016
- Makes stops at the Estes Park Visitor Center, the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, and Park & Ride
- First bus leaves the Estes Park Visitor Center at 7:30 a.m. and last bus leaves Park & Ride at 8:00 p.m.
- Hiker Shuttle runs on an hourly schedule early and late in the day, switching to a half-hour schedule from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.