Free Shuttle Buses
The simplest and most stress-free way to steer through Estes Park is via the free shuttle system. The downtown trolley and shuttle bus routes allow you to park the car, bus or RV at one of the major hubs and be on your way. You no longer need to listen to the GPS ‘recalculate' or to all five back-seat drivers offering advice on where to park! The five town shuttle routes and the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle are easy to navigate and will get you just about anywhere you want to go.
Where to Park
The largest parking area is the Park & Ride stop located at the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park at 1209 Manford Avenue, just east of Highway 7 and south of Highway 36. This parking lot is serviced by the Green and Silver Route daily. Public restrooms also are found at this location.
The Estes Park Visitor Center offers guests parking, with the new Estes Park Parking Structure hosting 412 spots, restrooms and access to all five town shuttles, including the downtown trolley, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle. Located at 500 Big Thompson Avenue, the visitor center also provides free Wi-Fi and visitor information.
With shuttle routes passing nearly every lodging property in the Estes Valley, you likely can hop on very close to your hotel - avoiding driving and parking altogether. View and download the shuttle map in English or Spanish to locate the route closest to your hotel or cabin. All town shuttles link to the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle as well, so park access is virtually outside your door!
There are six town of Estes Park free shuttle routes and three Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles, covering all highways and major routes through the Estes Valley. For additional shuttle information call 970-577-9900, a handicapped-accessible bus is available by calling 970-586-4920. Transportation to Trail Ridge Road is provided through local Tour Operators.
Estes Park Free Shuttles
- Blue Route: 9 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
- Operates along eastern Highway 34, Wonderview Avenue & Dry Gulch Road.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Stanley Village (groceries, retail & dining), east Hwy 34/Big Thompson Ave. lodging and along Dry Gulch Road.
- Brown Route: 8 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
- Operates along Riverside Drive, Highway 36/Moraine Avenue, Highway 66, Marys Lake Road and Highway 7/St. Vrain Avenue
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitors Center, Barlow Plaza, Piccadilly Square, National Park Village, YMCA of the Rockies, Marys Lake Campground and Marys Lake Lodge.
- Red Route: 9 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
Operates along Hwy 34/Wonderview Ave and Fall River Road.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, lodging along Fall River Road/Hwy. 34 and Rocky Mountain National Park Fall River Visitor Center.
- Silver Route: 9 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
- Operates along S. St. Vrain Ave/Hwy 7, Fish Creek Rd., Brodie Ave., Community Dr., Manford Ave., Stanley Ave, Prospect. Ave. and the Stanley Hotel
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Park Conference Center and Fish Creek Road lodging, the Estes Park Events Center Park-n-Ride, the Estes Park Medical Center and the Stanley Hotel
- Gold Route: 9 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
- Operates along Elkhorn Ave. and Big Thompson Ave.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center and downtown - Bond Park, Tregent Park, Performance Park, Moraine Ave. and Barlow Plaza
- Green Route: 12 p.m. to 4:59 p.m.
- Express service from the Estes Park Events Complex Park-n-Ride to the Estes Park Visitor Center and downtown Estes Park; departing every 15 minutes
- Stops include: Estes Park Events Complex Park-n-Ride, Estes Park Visitor Center, and Bond Park in downtown Estes Park
The latest Estes Park Free shuttle information is available at: estes.org/shuttles
Rocky Mountain National Park Shuttles
The Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles operate from late May through early October and offer hikers and day-trippers easy access to the most frequented areas of the park. Entry fees do apply and park passes are available for purchase at Rocky Mountain National Park Visitor Center and entrance stations. View and download a map of the park shuttles here.
RMNP Shuttle Routes: 2017 Shuttle Info
Hiker Express Route: Town of Estes Park & Rocky Mountain National Park
- Daily Service May 27 - September 10, 2017 then weekends September 16-October 9
- Makes stops at the Estes Park Visitor Center, the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, and Park & Ride
- First bus leaves the Estes Park Visitor Center at 7:30 a.m. and last bus leaves Park & Ride at 8:00 p.m.
- Hiker Shuttle runs hourly from 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. every 30 minutes from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and hourly 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Bear Lake Route
- Daily Service May 27 - October 9, 2017
- Runs between Park & Ride and Bear Lake
- Leaves Park & Ride every 10-15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Makes stops at the Park & Ride, Bierstadt Lake Trailhead, Glacier Gorge Trailhead, and Bear Lake
Moraine Park Route
- Daily Service May 27 - October 9, 2017
- Runs between Park & Ride and Fern Lake Bus Stop
- Leaves Park & Ride every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Makes stops at Park & Ride, Sprague Lake/Glacier Creek Stables, Hollowell Park, Tuxedo Park, Moraine Park Visitor Center, Moraine Park Campground (C-Loop), Cub Lake Trailhead and Fern Lake Bus Stop