With Pete KJ as your guide and Denver as your base camp, the splendor of Colorado’s Front Range is yours to enjoy one day—or even just a few hours—at a time. Base Camp Denver offers you 101 of the best of these great hiking destinations to choose from. Take a day to explore an alpine meadow, walk to a waterfall, hike through a forest, or stroll suburban parklands. Enjoy a spectacular day of spring wildflowers or fall foliage, and still be home by dinnertime. Scramble to the top of a mountain to enjoy a sunrise and still make it to work by eight. Pete’s new book covers:
- History, geology, flora, and fauna for each hike
- Best hikes for each season, and where to enjoy spring wildflowers & fall foliage
- Ratings from 1 to 5 for trail conditions, difficulty, suitability for children, and more
- Detailed driving directions to trailheads and info about elevation, hiking time, parking, and restrooms
- Regional maps showing all trails in each chapter; route map for each hike
- Best hikes for dogs, kids, and teens
- Hikes that offer solitude … or plenty of company!
- Hikes by interest: birdwatching, stargazing, wetlands, wildlife, and more
- How to prepare & what to take
- 101 great hikes to choose from!
Come see him at Macdonald Book Shop and get your signed copy!