Engagement season is almost here! Yes, your social media feeds will soon be inundated with the "oh so sweet" proposals and sparkling left hands. According to The Knot, 39% of couples become engaged between Thanksgiving and Valentines Day. Estes Park is also an extremely romantic place to get down on one knee and profess your love. We're here to help and have provided you with the top 5 places to pop the question!
1. "The Diamond" of Long's Peak: For the thrill seeker and outdoor enthusiast, this one's for you. (Don't worry; we don't suggest summiting Longs Peak in the winter, unless you're a professional climber). "The Diamond" is the sheer and prominent east face of Longs Peak and named for the shape of the cliff. Start up the Longs Peak trailhead and when you get to a spot with a great view of "The Diamond" get down on one knee and present your own diamond.
2. The Lake Estes Trail at sunset: While planning your next trip to Estes Park, consider taking a leisurely stroll around Lake Estes. This 3.5 mile loop offers great views in all directions. Take a walk during a beautiful sunset and stop along one of the many rock outcroppings, waterfront spots, or even the bird sanctuary to create the backdrop of your romantic memory.
3. The Stanley Hotel: This historic venue offers plenty of romantic spots to pop the question. Consider the Rose Garden, which is tucked away just east of the main hotel. Or, plan a dinner date in the on-site restaurant and allow the ring to shine when dessert comes out.
4. The Riverwalk: Downtown Estes Park offers a great pathway along the south side of all of the shops, right along the Big Thompson River. There are several private locales along the Riverwalk, along with many restaurants which can set the stage for your celebratory moment after the deed is done.
5. Carriage Ride: You'll find that the festively lit Elkhorn Ave is a glowing backdrop for a perfect ride in a horse drawn carriage. These four legged draft horses will escort you and your loved one down Elkhorn Ave in a private carriage. Don't forget your camera!
By: Jamie Reed, Estes Park Wedding Association
The Estes Park Wedding Association welcomes couples dreaming of their once-in-a-life- time mountain wedding experience. Our venues, lodging, restaurants, and talented vendors are all excited and ready to help you plan your Estes Park wedding event.
Join in the fun at the Estes Park Bridal Crawl this March 2015!