From unique arts to sweet treats, from jaw-droppers to socking suffers, Estes Park has a wide variety of special gifts that are made right here in the Estes Valley! The festive lights are strung downtown, the shops have decorated their windows and the entire village is buzzing with holiday spirit. But don't worry if you can't make it to Estes this year; many of these one-of-a-kind gifts are available online. Whether you're from down the street or across the globe, you can give the gift of Estes Park this holiday season!
1. A Custom-Fit Cowboy or Cowgirl Hat from Colorado Hats
These hand-crafted hats will be the treasure of a lifetime for your favorite wrangler (or wanna-be wrangler). With over 20 years of experience and a client list that includes many celebrities, the team at Colorado Hats takes pride in using the finest materials, painstaking craftsmanship and personalized service. In fact, to get the real deal, you'll have to buy a gift certificate so that your loved one can saunter in for their custom hat consultation.
2. Unique Glassware from an Estes Park Glass Blower
Whether you select a vibrant vase from Patterson Glassworks or a sculpted ornament from Mountain Blown Glass, these local artists have a wide variety of stunning pieces for all tastes and budgets.
3. A Bottle of Craft
For the wine lover of the cocktail mixologist, Estes Park's Snowy Peaks Winery or Elkins Whisky have perfectly packaged libations. Snowy Peaks makes a variety of reds and whites, including many award-winners; each with an Estes Park views on the label. Elkins' smoothly-distilled moonshine whiskey is the perfect spirit for holiday drinks, as it takes on the subtle flavors of juices, specialty sodas or event the spice in your nog.
4. Locally Roasted, Home-Brewed Coffee
Flattop Coffee is Estes Park's local small-batch coffee roaster and these grounds are a gift that keeps on giving - cup after cup! Have a true brew enthusiast on your list? Sign them up for a coffee subscription with super-fresh weekly or bi-weekly deliveries right to their home. You can taste their coffee at local cafes, like Inkwell & Brew or Via Bicycle Cafe, but the vast majority of sales are done online for this internet-based company.
5. Golden Rings
Whether you are looking to give a memento of Estes like an elk pendant or Longs Peak ring or looking to go the more traditional route of diamonds and gemstones, the talented artists at Village Goldsmith will have the perfect jaw-dropping surprise for your nearest and dearest.
6. Growlers, Bombers & Pints
Wish your favorite beer lover a 'Hoppy Holiday' with some of Estes Park's finest brews & beer gifts. Splurge on an insulated stainless growler full of Rock Cut Brewing's latest concoction. Pair bombers from Lumpy Ridge Brewing's tap house with printed pint glasses for your favorite host or hostess. Select a custom six-pack and a souvenir t-shirt from the Estes Park Brewery to delight your friendly neighbor. However you package these local lagers, a craft beer gift is sure to bring plenty of smiles!
7. Western, Celtic or Steampunk Leather
Know someone that would flip over a hand-crafted holster? How about a one-of-a-kind steampunk adornment? Or a Celtic-stamped leather wallet? The Phoenix Nest in the Old Church Shops downtown features the detailed leather work of a talented local artist.
8. A Custom Sign for the 'Cabin'
A local shop grown out of Etsy success is the story behind Once Upon a Hive. These locally-made signs are customizable with a family or kid's name or buy one off the wall with one of their fun (and funny) sayings. Perfect to hang in your 'cabin' - no matter where it is or what size it may be.
9. A Holiday Dish
Local ceramics artists offer a variety of pottery styles and pieces, and most of them have work featured in Estes Park galleries. Look for the perfect casserole dish from Karen Dick. Pick a 'Colorado Spirit House' by Susan B. Anderson to adorn the home of an art-loving friend. Fill a unique planter from Karen McPherson with a succulent for the perfect teacher gift.
10. Toys Under the Tree
They sure don't make toys like they used to - or do they? At Frames, Games, and Things Unnamed, the proprietor makes wooden toys and games (as well as frames) that will take you back to a bygone era. Perfect for the kids, or the kids-at-heart, on your list that are due for something that doesn't take batteries or have a screen!
BONUS: Stuff the Stockings with These Specialized Estes Gift Ideas
- For the Sweet Tooth: Estes Park is known for our candies and nothing satisfies like signature taffy, classic fudge or salted caramels.
- For the Jet-Setter: Know someone who is always on the go and in need of some R&R? The travel candles from Once Upon a Hive are just the thing!
- For the Foodie: Estes Park has locally-made jams, signature BBQ sauces, and cookbooks from area lodgers & restaurants - perfect for those seeking nom-nom moments.
- For the Health Nut: Have a local tea shop - try the Smirking Fox or Dragon Leaf Tea Company - put together a special blend of herbs and teas. Pick up some unique Rocky Mountain High hand cream or salve to soothe dry skin.
- For the Life of the Party: Pre-order tickets to one of Estes Park's signature events, like Winter Festival, or surprise a friend ahead of the holidays with a weekend away to a festive event, like Tinsel Tavern Tour.