The unofficial summer kick-off party in Estes Park.
Memorial Day weekend (May 25-27, 2019) often signals the beginning of summer all over the country, but that may not be truer anywhere else than Estes Park. With awesome events like the Art Market and live music, the openings of Trail Ridge Road, the Tram, and inviting, sunny patios all around town, what better place to welcome summer than amidst the Rocky Mountains in Estes Park?
- Art Market
- The cornerstone event of Memorial Day in Estes Park, the Art Market takes place in the heart of downtown Estes Park – Bond Park. Featuring the work of more than 90 juried artisans there’s an endless amount of art to view, and buy!
- Live Music
- Trail Ridge Road
- The highest continuous paved road in North America doesn’t have a set opening date, because, as you can imagine, the plowing out from winter (and spring) snows is quite the process. Often, the road does open up shortly before Memorial Day weekend. Keep an eye on our Twitter for when the road does open up for the season. Whether it’s open to vehicles or not, there are plenty of ways to enjoy rolling up the scenic highway.
- Open for the season on May 25, the historic Aerial Tramway begins its 64th year of operation in Estes Park. Taking guests for a breathtaking ride on a free-span cable to panoramic views of the Estes Valley and into Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Though we’ve surely had a few patio-worthy days prior to Memorial Day weekend, it is truly the advent of patio season. Consistently warm and sunny weather is sure to follow – the only issue is picking which patio is for you, or how to hit them all. Here are 7 of our favorite patios for spring fun.
- Being Memorial Day is the beginning of summer, and summer is the busiest season around Estes – we can be sure you won’t be the only one helping to welcome it. Read up on how to navigate the height of summer travel in Estes. Most poignantly – utilize those shuttles whether you’re going for a hike in the National Park, or headed around town to restaurants or shopping.