It’s time to break the ice and get the chilly party started.
Here’s what you need to know to make the most of the fun-filled weekend, from how to get around to where to park to what to do and when.
A schedule that is to die for
Frigidly-fun live music, events and quirky games are planned starting on Friday and ending on Sunday. Here’s the breakdown.
- Games and drinks at The Barrel, all day. St. Patrick’s Day cocktails and Irish whiskey tastings, games and live music by Say Uncle are planned throughout the day.
- Icebreaker Kickoff. Bond Park, 4-7pm. Rock out to a free show by Chain Station and A-Mac & The Height and grab food and drink from the surrounding food trucks. The show lasts until 7pm.
- St. Patty’s Day Beer Mile(ish), Lumpy Ridge Brewing Co, 4pm. It’s a pub crawl race with beer!
- The Royal Blue Ball. The Stanley Hotel, 7-11pm. A staple of Frozen Dead Guy Days, this year, the ball is at The Stanley Hotel and features performances by The Polish Ambassador, Eddie Roberts & Friends and Evanoff.
- Irish Wake. Cousin Pat’s Pub & Grill, 7-11pm. Live music from Tahosa.
- One Foot in the Grave. Lonigans Nightclub & Grill, An Irish Pub. 5:30-11pm. Enjoy dinner and music by Nick Wagner, then dance to the tunes of the Mountain Town Rockers.
The main event. Estes Park Events Complex, 12-9:30pm
A live music lineup of national and Colorado bands will play all day while teams of pallbearers compete in the iconic coffin races and festival goers take part in the Frostbite Fashion Show and whacky games like a brain freeze contest, frozen t-shirt contest, newly dead game, frozen head bowling and a pie toss game. Don’t miss the hearse graveyard!
- Living Room Band 12-1pm, Ice Stage
- The Pamlico Sound 12:15-1:30pm, Outdoor Stage
- Banshee Tree 12:30-1:45pm, Fire Stage
- Flash Mountain Flood 1:30-2:30pm, Ice Stage
- Shakedown Street 2:15-3:30pm, Fire Stage
- Brothers of Brass 3-4pm, Outdoor Stage
- Cycles 3-4:15pm, Ice Stage
- Toubab Krewe 4-5:15pm, Fire Stage
- A-Mac & The Height 4:45-6pm, Ice Stage
- Tejon Street Corner Thieves 5:15-6:15pm, Outdoor Stage
- Bill & Jilian Nershi w/ Jason Hann 5:45-7:15pm, Fire Stage
- Magic Beans 6:30-7:45pm, Ice Stage
- The Drunken Hearts 6:45-8pm, Outdoor Stage
- Kyle Hollingsworth Band 7:45-9:15pm, Fire Stage
- Break Science 8:15-9:30pm, Ice Stage
- Tenth Mountain Division, 8:30-9:30pm, Outdoor Stage
- Dead Guy Pie Toss 12-1:30pm
- Brain Freeze Ice Cream Eating Contest 1-1:30pm and 4-4:30pm
- Newly Dead Game 1:45-2:25 and 3:30-4pm
- Frozen T-shirt Contests throughout the day
- Frostbite Fashion Show 6-6:30pm
- Frozen Dead Head Bowling all day long
- Coffin Races 4-5:15pm
Thick n’ Thawed Brrrrrrlesque Show. Lonigans Nightclub & Grill, An Irish Pub, 9pm. Denver’s Burlective is coming to Estes Park for an inaugural show that is sure to threaten to melt the ice.
Live music by Electrik Flannel. Cousin Pat’s Pub & Grill
Bands & Bloodys Brunch, various locations around town
Relax after a fun-filled weekend with live music, food and drink at one of the Bands & Bloodys brunch locations around town. From food trucks to sit down restaurants there is something for every taste. Including musical tastes. Find one (or more!) that is right for you.
- Brunch & Co. – The Pearl Street Stompers. Delicious brunch in an elegant, homey atmosphere.
- Lumpy Ridge Brewing – The Abear Brothers. This is where you can have the official Frozen Dead Guy Days beer one more time.
- Bird & Jim – Cory Simmons. Modern mountain dining from an ingredient driven kitchen. Music from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
- The Barrel – Sasha Stone Band. All-day fun. Don’t miss the bloody mary bar, the dead guy pool tournament or the chance to make frozen creations with Creativity Cabin. Plus food trucks all day long.
- The Post – Eric Holberg & Cole Rudy from Dragondeer. Southern comfort food and live music from 11am - 2pm.
- Avant Garde Aleworks – Stephen Castle. Enjoy beermosas all day and food from Dill's Maine Lobster Shack from 12-6pm. Music from 1-3pm.
- The Bull Pin – Good Time Johnny. Bowling, brunching and psychedelic funk from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- The Dunraven – Morrigan & Ryan Flick. Stunning views of Lake Estes and brunch from 10:30am-3pm.
- Latitude 105 Alehouse – Peak2Peak. Excellent food and drink and a band that plays the best of the Grateful Dead and fun improvisational jams starting at 10am.
- Cousin Pat’s Pub & Grill – Really Most Sincerely Dead Band. A locally loved band, pool and great food from 11:30-1:30pm.
Polar Plunge. Coffee on the Rocks, 12-3pm
This lively fan-favorite Frozen Dead Guy Days event benefits the Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center’s Be a Giving Guest Program. Each $10 entrant fee will benefit the program while watching is free. There will be live music, an outdoor bar, a beer pong tournament, a costume contest and giveaways for both those brave enough to take the plunge, and for those there for the merriment, to enjoy.
Photo credit: Andrew Wyatt
- Frosty Balls! Drag Queen Bingo. Lonigans Nightclub & Grill, An Irish Pub, 12-2pm
- The Complete Meltdown. The American Legion Post 119, 12-5pm
- Live music from Nick Wagner, The Lost Penny Duo and Chili Powder, games and activities for children of all ages.
All Weekend at the Historic Park Theatre
Psychic Readings, haunted tours, ghost hunts and showings of Night of the Living Dead.
Other important details
Estes Park businesses are rolling out the icy carpet with exclusive specials available for the festival weekend only! See what's available here.
How to get around
Free shuttles are running continuously between participating hotels and event locations Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Find the maps here.
Where to park
Parking is free on Friday at the Estes Park Events Complex and Estes Park Parking Garage. On Saturday, parking and a free shuttle is available at the Estes Park Events Complex ($15), Estes Park High School ($10) and for free at the Estes Park Parking Garage. Proceeds from parking benefit the Estes Park High School Band. Check out the parking map.
Where to eat
Find a complete list of restaurants in Estes Park.
Need last minute tickets or information on the go? Visit FrozenDeadGuyDays.com.