Travel Buzz is a series of fun, casual and informative meetings for the purpose of providing VEP an opportunity to get to know you better, to learn how we can further support you and your business, and to share a variety of tourism-related information and helpful updates. We also connect with a Roger Brooks live one-hour webinar, each focusing on a different tourism topic, each month. Brooks is an internationally-known tourism consultant and having the opportunity to participate in his seminars is very exciting! VEP pays the yearly subscription fee for the Brooks webinar series.
We close with a 30 minute discussion about the webinar, answer questions you may have about Visit Estes Park, and we assist you with anything you may need. This is also a great time to network with your friends & colleagues, so we can all get to know each other better.
Travel Buzz Schedule:
The Resurgence of Downtowns: What They Did and How They Did It - October 4, 2017
9:30 - 11:00 AM. (Arrive at 9:15 AM to order your beverage and treat)
In this presentation, the final installment of The Resurgence of Downtowns, we will visit four downtowns, three that are small and rural and one in a bedroom community.
You’ll see and learn:
- What it looked like before and what they were dealing with.
- Who took the lead, and why they even attempted “the impossible."
- What went right (the small wins along the way)
- What went wrong (the red herrings and mistakes - “We won’t do that again!”)
- How long it took to get to the turning point
- How much it cost and where the money came from
- And the results - which are still a work in progress. After all no downtown is ever 100% done!
This is a great way to actually see, from real-life case histories what it takes to turn a dying downtown (if not already dead) into an amazing destination you’ll want to visit - if not move to! RSVP
Contact Elizabeth if you would like a private screening of any of these webinars, as it is a membership-based program.