U.S. Highway 34 Construction Updates (Loveland to Estes Park)
Fall & Winter 2017-18
- Closure began October 2 and be complete May 24, 2018, permits will be required during this time
- Intermittent traffic delays for finishing work, paving through October 2018 - Not full closure
- Off roadway river work through December 2018 - Not full closure
Additional construction details and updates can be found on the CDOT website.
Distance and Travel Times for Alternate Routes (times may vary with traffic):
Loveland to Estes via I-25: 65 minutes, 50.5 miles
Central Loveland to Estes via CO Hwy 287 to US Hwy 36: 59 minutes, 45 miles
US 34 Talking Points & Local News
- US Highway 34 will remain open through the summer of 2016 and into early October.
- The additional mileage and travel time for the closure detours through Lyons are very minimal:
- Only 14 additional miles and only 11 additional minutes from the center of Loveland.
- Only 17 miles and 14 minutes longer from I-25 in Loveland.
- See the maps above for route options and details.
- While this process is a major reconstruction, we have confidence that CDOT and Kiewit Construction will efficiently manage this project and reopen the highway as quickly as possible.
As the project now starts to turn to the construction phase, we want to also call your attention to these new project information resources so you can program them into your devices:
Visit Estes Park will continue to monitor public conversations around this topic on social media, digital platforms and through guest interactions. We will work continuously throughout the construction process to correct any misconceptions and counter negative press. If you encounter erroneous, negative or concerning comments or information, please send it to Elizabeth at EFogarty@VisitEstesPark.com