Celebrating Independence Day is a long-standing tradition in most American towns, and the village of Estes Park is no different - unless you consider the thousands of guests we invite to share in the celebration with us! You won't want to miss any of the new, fun and family-friendly events going on in Estes Park during this year's long weekend!
Wednesday, July 3rd
Red, White & Cool
Head over to the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park to enjoy live music and family-friendly activities that will kick off this week's patriotic celebration from 6:30 to 9pm. The Red, White & Cool event includes live music by Lisa Bell, a variety of food vendors and a beer garden. Activities abound for all ages, including games, a bouncy house, a human hamster ball and more. Admission is free, so start your celebration of our country's independence a day early!
Thursday, July 4th
Independence Day Pancake Breakfast
Fill up your tummy before heading out to all the July 4th events with sausage, eggs, pancakes and more at this annual tradition. Held at Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church, the Independence Day Pancake Breakfast goes from 7:30 to 10:30am and costs $6 for adults and $3 for children.
Coolest Car Show in Colorado
Downtown in Bond Park guests will get to admire over 100 classic and unique cars as part of this fun annual event. Whether a car enthusiast or just a casual observer, this expansive collection at the Coolest Car Show is sure to turn your head! From 9am to 3pm the cars will be on display in and around Bond Park, in the heart of the Estes Park village. Free Shuttles run through the downtown area from the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park and the Estes Park Visitor Center. Entrance to the car show is $5 for individuals, $10 for a family of 4 (admission for additional children is $2 each, free for kids 5 & under).
Old Glory Carnival
The Stanley Hotel is hosting this inaugural event in the expansive yard surrounding the Stanley Historical District. Beginning at noon with a carnival for all ages, guests will get to test their skills on the climbing wall and enjoy some friendly competition with carnival games and a dunk tank, topping off this day of old-school family fun! Old Glory Carnival festivities run until 6pm when the live entertainment kicks up with the band 9s a Pair, playing until 9pm. Stay to view the fireworks, being shot over Lake Estes, at 9:30pm. Carnival-style food will be served throughout the day. Attendance and concert is free, Parking $10 for non-guests (active & retired military with ID can park free-of-charge), Tickets for rides are $3-6 per ride. The Stanley Hotel is a stop on the Estes Park Free Shuttle routes. Visit StanleyHotel.com/July4th or call 800-976-1377 for additional details.
Village Band July 4th Concert
Enjoy free live music with the Village Band at downtown's Performance Park on the evening of Independence Day. Located at the west end of Elkhorn Avenue's Riverwalk, Performance Park's grassy slope is the perfect place to take in some traditional patriotic favorites and upbeat marches! Concert begins at 7pm and ends in time for all to get to the other side of the village to view the spectacular fireworks display!
Estes Park Fireworks
The annual Estes Park 4th of July Fireworks extravaganza takes place over Lake Estes at 9:30pm. Catch a seat along the Lake Estes Trail, near the Estes Park Marina or in Stanley Park for the best views. You won't want to miss this display of national pride!
Friday, July 5th
- Hot Club of Pearl Street (swing & hot jazz), 5pm, The Stanley Hotel's Cascades Patio
- Nancy Cook (original acoustic), 5:30pm, Barlow Plaza (downtown on the Riverwalk)
- Theater - Seven Keys to Baldpate, 6:30pm, The Baldpate Inn
- Mary D'ambra (acoustic pop/rock), 7pm, YMCA of the Rockies
- Family Dance with the Dennis Tobias Band (pop/rock), 7-9pm, Estes Park High School
- Music in the Mountains (classical), 8pm, Rocky Ridge Music Center
Saturday, July 6th
- Film - Ski Hidden Valley Documentary, 2-5pm, Estes Park Conference Center
- Theater - Seven Keys to Baldpate, 2pm & 6:30pm, The Baldpate Inn
- Exhibit Opening Reception - Women Artists of the West National Show, 5-8pm (exhibit open 12-6pm), Cultural Arts Center
- Dick Orleans (folk/rock), 5:30pm, Barlow Plaza (downtown on the Riverwalk)
Sunday, July 7th
- Magic - Bradley Mayhew, 5:30pm, Barlow Plaza (downtown on the Riverwalk)
- Cowboy Sing-Along, 7pm, Downtown at Bond Park
- Music in the Mountains (classical), 3pm, Rocky Ridge Music Center
For additional live music and events, please visit VisitEstesPark.com/Events to view the calendar and download the Estes Park Happenings event list.